What is Pearson Assured?
Pearson Assured is an independent benchmark for third-party organisations that have training or learning programmes they have designed to deliver and assess in-house.
With a strong track record in developing qualifications and carrying out regular quality assurance on our own learning programmes, Pearson Assured is ideally placed to ensure your systems and processes are thoroughly developed and properly executed.
Attainment of Pearson Assured status ensures that your organisation’s quality processes achieve the Pearson standard – an independent international quality benchmark.
What gives Pearson the authority to measure another organisation on quality?
- Pearson is the world’s leading awarding organisation. With over 100 years of education and training experience, in over 100 countries, we have the expertise and authority to audit, benchmark, and independently verify your quality processes against world-class standards.
- We’re serious about quality. We know that without rigorous quality assurance, a certificate is worth no more than the paper it is written on. That’s why rigorous quality processes underline everything we do, and we practise what we preach, being independently regulated by the UK regulator Ofqual to ensure our quality standards are rigorous, valid and reliable.
- Our Pearson qualifications are widely taught, recognised and respected, and the standards we apply in all Pearson qualifications are the same standards provided by the Edexcel Assured service.
Pearson Assured applies the quality processes used in Pearson qualifications to your organisation, using our experience to regulate your quality processes. Unlike Pearson qualifications, however, the programmes are not regulated by Ofqual.
Why become an Pearson Assured centre?
- Set an international benchmark: By demonstrating that your centre meets the Edexcel Assured quality criteria, you ensure that each learner on each programme receives the same standard of education and training provision, whoever they are, and wherever they take the course.
- Stand out from the crowd: Show all your stakeholders that you’re serious about quality. Assured centres can use the Edexcel Assured logo on promotional materials*, and claim certificates featuring the Edexcel Assured logo alongside your centre’s logo.
- Improve your quality management: When our quality advisors review the validity and reliability of your quality procedures, you get detailed feedback on how you can improve your quality systems. Annual visits will then help you continuously to improve your quality standard.
- Assure your learners with an independent benchmarkfrom a credible authority on standards in education and training: Becoming Edexcel Assured sends a clear message to current and prospective learners that your organisation is accountable and responsible, providing important reassurance to your students.
- One simple process, to endorse all your programmes: Because we review your organisation, and not individual programmes, Edexcel Assured status involves only one centre-level review. So once you’ve achieved our quality endorsement, you can apply it to all your programmes from just one review.